Medical Assistant Program (358 hours/$2,368) 35.8 CEU's
Medical assistant program is a 310 lecture hour and 48 clinical hour program that prepares individuals for entry level jobs as a medical assistant in medical and institutional settings. Students will learn to prepare patients for orders under supervision of physician and nursing staff, perform office duties, administer treatments, and comply with federal and state regulatory agency laws and regulations. Upon completion of this program students will be able to perform all the duties required in the medical office setting. Students are also prepared to take the certification exam offered by the National Healthcare Association (NHA) to become a CMA. The program consists of lecture and lab hours followed by an internship in a local clinic setting. CPR for Healthcare Providers is required. The internship is included in the cost of the course. Students are responsible for textbook(s) and supplies. Some are available in the campus bookstore. Registration Requirements are located at www.hillcollege.edu/cwe.
POFM 1006 Medical Secretary
HPRS 1004 Basic Health Profession Skills
HPRS 1005 Medical Law/Ethics
MDCA 1052 MA Laboratory Procedures
ECRD 1011 Electrocardiography
MDCA 1009 Anatomy/Physiology
MDCA 1048 Pharmacology/Administration
MDCA 1060 Clinical
2112 Mayfield Parkway
Cleburne, TX 76033
Administration Building, Room 116
Medical Assistant Schedule1/30/18-6/29/18 or 7/17/18-12/11/18
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Tue, Thur, Fri.
Clinicals are not included in the above dates
Clinical Rotation: Dates and Times based on facility
1. CPR for Healthcare providers
2. Registration Form
3. General Requirements--Must be 18 years old for class
4. Identification--Valid Government Issued ID or Driver License and Social Security Card
5. Hepatitis B (Hep B) *Does not expire--3 Shot Series: 1st shot for registration. 2nd shot for clinical or Titer showing immunity
6. Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) *Does not expire--2 Shot Series: 1st shot for registration. 2nd shot for clinical or Titer showing immunity
7. Varicella (Chicken Pox) *Does not expire-- 2 Shot Series: 1st shot for registration. 2nd shot for clinical or Titer showing immunity
8. TDa--*Every 10 years
9. Tuberculin Skin Test (TB)--*Every year
10. Influenza (Flu)--*Every year
Provide proof of personal health insurance information for the duration of the class and clinical or sign a medical release form
Pass Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (TDADS) Background Check
*Titers: Antibody titer is a laboratory test that measures the level of antibodies in a blood sample. In some situations, your health care provider may check your antibody titer to see if you had an infection in the past (for example, chickenpox) or to decide which immunizations you need. To obtain information please see your family doctor.
For Clinical Rotation
At the time that the student is placed at a clinical facility, students will be required to complete a drug test immediately at an approved test site.
The MDCA 1060 Medical Assistant Clinical may be taken only after completion of all other classes.