The Continuing Education/Corporate Training Department, in accordance with Hill College's mission, exists to provide responsible, exemplary learning opportunities for individuals and businesses.
We can help...
- facilitate government-funded workforce development grants.
- work with economic development offices to ensure prospective companies training opportunities are available for their employees.
- provide workforce education and training to adults to assist in acquiring or upgrading technical skills leading to employment or job advancement.
- sponsor corporate training opportunities for area employers and professionals to satisfy organizational needs and educational requirements for licensing or credentials.
Texas Workforce Skills Development Grant
The Corporate Training Department can assist your organization in the development of a Texas Workforce Skills Development Grant regardless of the size of your organization. These grants offer organizations the ability to provide training to all levels of employees, ultimately leading to a better-trained workforce earning increased wages. A trained workforce is a major asset to an organization and to the community as a whole.
Small Business Grant
This grant is available to small businesses classified by the Texas Workforce Commission as having 100 or less employees.
Sampling of Training Courses
- Conflict resolution management
- Delegating tasks
- Negotiation skills
- Project management
- Others (as needed)
- Excel (beginner to advanced)
- Welding (beginner to specialized)
- AutoCad (beginner to specialized)
- English as a second language
- Spanish in the workplace
- Spanish for healthcare professionals
Customized To Fit Your Needs
Through numerous partnerships, the department can help assess training needs, customized program to fit those needs and ultimately contribute to the productivity and economic development of business and industry throughout the community.