The members of the Hill College Office Administration Technology Department seek to provide Hill College students with the ability to use information processing software and administrative techniques effectively so that they may reach their full potentials as individuals and productive members of society. We dedicate ourselves to teaching students to read closely and think critically; to studying the processes, theory and techniques of administrative assistants and information processing; to developing the practice of working in academic, creative and professional environments; and to promoting an interdisciplinary perspective on diverse cultures.
The office skills required to work in a medical or physician’s office are quite different from other office professional jobs. This program prepares students with the skills necessary for entry level employment in a medical office setting as medical secretaries, medical assistants or medical records technicians. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, job prospects are excellent as medical assistants rank among the fastest growing occupations.
The Medical Office Assistant program offers the student a range of options in educational paths, including a certificate of completion and an associate of applied science degree. We challenge students to reach their full potentials as individuals and productive members of society as they study the processes, theory and techniques of medical office administration. Students will learn medical office procedures such as scheduling appointments, preparing and receiving payments, patient’s right and responsibilities, and customer service.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
FIELD OF STUDY
Associate in Applied Science
64 credit hours
GRADUATES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Communicate ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate critical thinking as a foundation for decision making.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Display knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Show proficiency in typing/keyboarding skills.
- Perform math/accounting skills.
- Apply other advanced computer skills.
- Demonstrate proper English/grammar skills (writing, spelling and correspondence)
Medical Office Asst. Education Plan