Pharmacy Technician Program (272 hours/$1,629) ***ONLINE***
Program prepares individuals for entry-level jobs as a Pharmacy Technician in retail and institutional settings. Students will learn to prepare prescription orders under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, perform applicable pharmacy calculations, and comply with federal and state regulatory agency laws and regulations. Upon completion of this program students will be able to perform all the duties required in any pharmacy practice setting. Students are also prepared to take the certification exam offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT). The program consists of 152 hours of ONLINE lecture and lab, followed by a 120 hour internship in a local pharmacy setting. The internship is included in the cost of the course.
2112 Mayfield Parkway
Administration Building Room 116
PHARMACY CLASS SCHEDULE
ONLINE--2/5/18-5/11/18 OR 8/6/18-11/9/18
**Does Not Include Clinical Rotation Dates Or Times**
*Clinical Rotation: Dates and Times TBD. Clinical Rotations are typically conducted Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is no guarantee of the location that the student will attend.*
1. Registration Form
2. CPR for Healthcare providers
3. General Requirements--Must be 18 years old, High School Transcript or GED
4. Identification--Valid Government Issued ID or Driver License and Social Security Card
5. Apply for Pharmacy Technicians Trainee License with the Texas Board of Pharmacy and Fingerprinting. The trainee license is valid only 2 years. For information: www.TSBP.state.tx.us
6. Hepatitis B (Hep B) *Does not expire--3 Shot Series: 1st shot for registration. 2nd shot for clinical orTiter showing immunity
7. Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) *Does not expire--2 Shot Series: 1st shot for registration. 2nd shot for clinical or Titer showing immunity
8. Varicella (Chicken Pox) *Does not expire--. 2 Shot Series: 1st shot for registration. 2nd shot for clinical or Titer showing immunity
9. TDa--*Every 10 years
10. Tuberculin Skin Test (TB)--*Every year
11. Influenza (Flu)--*Every year*Titers: Antibody titer is a laboratory test that measures the level of antibodies in a blood sample. In some situations, your health care provider may check your antibody titer to see if you had an infection in the past (for example, chickenpox) or to decide which immunizations you need. To obtain information please see your family doctor.
- Provide proof of personal health insurance information for the duration of the class and clinical or sign a medical release form
- We will conduct a Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (TDADS) Background Check at the time of registration
- At the time that the student is placed at a clinical facility, students will be required to complete a drug test immediately at an approved test site.
- PHRA 1060: Clinical/Phlebotomy may be taken only after successful completion of all other courses in the program.
- Student will complete the State Exam upon successful completion of the Pharmacy program.
- Student will be responsible for the State Exam Fee of $129
- The application for the State Exam is available through Pharmacy Technical Certification Board (PTCB) www.ptcb.org.
- The date and time of the exam is determined by (PTCB)
- After successful completion of the State Exam, student will apply for Pharmacy Technicians License with the Texas Board of Pharmacy** To access application: www.tsbp.state.tx.us Fee:$80.00
**Prices are subject to change**