Hill College’s mission is to provide ‘high quality comprehensive educational programs and services’ to its service area. The college evaluates student achievement with respect to its mission and 2012-2017 Strategic Plan, specifically:
- Strategic Goal 1 – Instruction: Hill College embraces responsive, flexible, and customized solutions to deliver instruction to promote student success.
- Ensuring quality in non-traditional methods of instruction
- Providing responsive and flexible workforce training solutions
- Enhancing developmental education
- Integrating problem-solving skills through general education
- Strategic Goal 4 – Accountability: Hill College supports a culture of accountability among employees and students.
- Improving learning outcomes for all educational programs
Criteria used to evaluate success include enrollment, retention, transfer, and graduation rates as well as licensure pass rates. The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board collects and publishes this information as presented below.