Emergency Operation Plan
Being Prepared for an Emergency
At Hill College, we believe the safety of the students, employees, and community we serve is vitally important. A crisis or emergency can happen at any time and could impact one individual, a building or an entire campus/center.The Hill College Emergency Operation Plan (EOP) is designed to direct how we respond to these incidents. Know the Emergency Operation Plan for your campus/center before an emergency happens and sign up for RebelAlert, Hill College's mobile alert system.
Hill College also has Emergency Action Plans for each campus/center to assist with emergency response actions for fire, medical, tornado/severe weather, armed intruder and hazardous materials. Know the emergency action plan for your location:
Hill College Emergency Mass Notification System
Hill College uses a system called Rebel Alert to quickly send out critical information in the event of an emergency or campus closing.
This service enables administrators to send emergency notifications to up to six phone numbers and three e-mail addresses per student and employee.
All employees and enrolled students will automatically be signed up for Rebel Alert using the email and phone number currently on file. However, it is the individual's responsibility to log on to Rebel Alert to ensure contact information is correct and to select a primary contact number.
Choose any or all of the following methods of notification:
- Voice messages to home phones, work phones, and cell phones
- Text messages to cell phones
- Text messages to e-mail accounts
- Text messages to TTY/TDD receiving devices for the hearing impaired
The service is free, but standard text message charges from your cell phone provider may apply. How quickly you receive the alert may vary according to your cellular network.
Rebel Alert provides the entire Hill College community with immediate emergency information, but you must update your information!
Types of emergencies
Rebel Alert is used for critical situations such as:
- Intruder lockdown (a crime in progress on campus)
- Police activity lockdown (a crime near the campus)
- Severe weather warning (tornado, flooding, high winds)
- Emergency evacuations (fire, bomb threats)
- Shelter-in-place (gas leak, Haz-mat spill)
- Campus closing (power outage, water main break)
- Inclement weather (icy roads)
Click Shield above to access the portal and click here for instructions on how to login to the new portal in order to update your contact information.