Exams Offered Through the Hill College Testing Centers
The ATB is a placement exam for those who do not have a high school diploma (or its recognized equivalent), but may be eligible for financial aid through the changes to the Higher Education Act, effective July 1, 2015. For questions regarding eligibility or referral to take the ATB, please contact the Advising and Success Center at http://www.hillcollege.edu/students/Advising/index.html
- Given by appointment only only both the Hill County and Johnson County Campuses. A referral from the Advising and Success Center is required.
- $25.00 fee payable to the Hill College Business Office
BY PEARSON VUE
Exams from which Certificates of specialty can be issued for the following:
- Adobe Certified Associate
- Adobe Certified Expert
- Autodesk Certified Professional
- Autodesk Certified User
- Business Fundamentals
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Certified Educator
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Microsoft Technology Associate
- Toon Boom Certified Associate
Given on the Johnson County Campus only. For information on pricing or to set an appointment, please call the testing center at 817-760-5814.
What is CLEP? The College-Level Examination Program or CLEP offers you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know by earning qualifying scores on any of the 34 CLEP exams.
- CLEP tests are a great way to earn college credit in subjects for which one may already have knowledge
- Register and pay for exam at https://collegeboard.org/clep
- After registering with CollegeBoard, please contact the Testing Center to set your appointment. Please bring the Testing Ticket generated by CollegeBoard with you to your appointment.
- There is an $20 proctor fee paid to Hill College at the time of testing.
- Modern States will pay your AP or CLEP exam fee. Click here to find out how: https://modernstates.org
Proctoring services are provided for both Hill College students and those attending other institutions
- Any student requiring proctoring services is welcome to call either the Hill County Testing Center or the Johnson County Testing Center to schedule an appointment
- There is an administration fee of $20 per test for non-Hill College students
- All required passwords and testing guidelines must be provided to Testing Center staff and can be e-mailed to email@example.com
Registration and payment for the Computer Based GED Testing will be completed online at www.ged.com
- The cost for four sections is $145 or $36.25 for each section
- The Computer Based GED is offered on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on both campuses
- To obtain a copy of your high school equivalency certificate visit the TEA website at: Certificate Search. There is a $5 fee associated with retrieving and printing a copy of your certificate
- Test Information At a Glance through TEA: Information at a Glance
HESI A2 with CT
HESI is the entrance exam required for students entering the paramedics and ECHO programs.
- The HESI A2 and Critical Thinking (CT) exams are administered by appointment only and will not be scheduled until student receives a referral form from the Nursing Department
- The testing fee is $50
NHA (National Health Career Association) Phlebotomy Technician and Clinical Medical Assistant Certificates;
Available only to Hill College Continuing Education students enrolled in Phlebotomy Technician or Clinical Medical Assistant programs.
Hill College on the Johnson County Campus is an approved PEARSONVUE computer-based test site
- To obtain information on test availability and registration for PearsonVue testing visit their website at: https://home.pearsonvue.com/
TEAS from ATI Nursing Education
- Entrance exam for ADN and VN Programs at Hill College. Non-Hill College students will be charged a $20 proctor fee
- Prospective student will go to atitesting.com to register, pay for and schedule their exam
ibt (internet based)
- THEA ibt tests are given by appointment only at both the Hill County and Johnson County testing centers.
- An administration fee of $10.00 will be made to Hill College
- The cost of the test is $29.00 and will be paid for by credit card online at www.thea.nesinc.com Click on Registration Checklist
- There is a 14 day waiting period between THEA ibt retakes
- The test is 4 hours in length and consists of 3 parts: Reading, Writing, and Math
- Scoring is immediate
TSI2 ASSESSMENT -
- Given by appointment only on the Hill County and Johnson County campuses
- Not timed
- Before testing, students are required to read through the Pre-Assessment Activity, and complete the practice questions and the certificate of completion. When these two steps are done, the student will report to the Academic Advising and Success Center to receive their Referral form. The student will then present the Referral form, the receipt for the $39 fee and a photo ID to the testing center
- Tests the areas of English Language Arts and Reading and Math