Dual Credit Mission Statement

Dual Credit provides affordable access to post-secondary education for high school students, offering a pathway for their educational and career goals. 

Group of Hill College students


Daren Dorm
Director of Dual Credit
Hill County Campus
112 Lamar Dr.
Hillsboro, TX 76645
Paige Long
Student Navigator
Hill County Campus
112 Lamar Dr.
Hillsboro, TX 76645


Dual Credit is a process by which a high school student enrolls in a college course and receives simultaneous academic credit for the course from both the college and the high school. While Dual Credit courses are often taught on the secondary school campus, a high school student can also take a course on any of our campuses and receive both high school and college credit. Students interested in taking Dual Credit classes should speak with their high school counselor.
Dual Credit courses include both academic courses as well as career/technical courses. These courses are stepping stones from high school to college, serving as a path to academic degree programs or college level workforce education courses. Check with your high school counselor for course listings. Grades received in Dual Credit courses are part of the student's permanent college record.
Dual Credit courses are for students in high school who demonstrate college readiness by achieving the minimum passing standards under the provisions of the state of Texas. Refer to the TSI exemptions and waivers under the general tab.
FAST Funding Rates
Economically Disadvantaged Students Non-Economically Disadvantaged Students
Tuition $0 per credit hour $55 per credit hour paid by student
Fees $0 per credit hour $0 per credit hour
Books Paid by ISD Paid by ISD
Supplies Paid by ISD Paid by ISD
Dual Credit students need to complete the pre-registration process including the Apply Texas Application for Admission, Hill College Dual Credit Permission Form, submit test scores, and submit a high school transcript. Students accepted for Dual Credit get the college experience by registering online using the MyHC Student Portal. *Students taking classes on campus will need proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination or waiver.*

Partnership Agreement and Memorandum Of Understanding