Testing Center Mission Statement
The Testing Center works collaboratively with instructors, students and the community to administer assessments and examinations, maintaining the highest compliance with nationally recognized professional standards and practices.
Testing Center Contacts
Dr. Rachelle Barron
Director of Testing
Hill County Campus - Hillsboro
Friday: 8:00 a.m.to 4 p.m.
Johnson County Campus-Cleburne
- All tests are administered by appointment only.
- To schedule testing, please contact the campus on which you wish to test or book online here.
- All testing fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- A photo ID must be presented at the time of testing.
Test Day Rules
- Unattended children are not allowed anywhere on the Hill College Campus
- Bring a current government issued photo ID or your Hill College student ID to the testing appointment
- Cell phones, unauthorized calculators, other electronic devices, and some watches are not allowed in the testing areas and should be turned off or silenced before placed in a locker or turned over to the testing staff
- Sunglasses, hats/caps (except for religious apparel), backpacks, bags, purses, open-front hoodies/jackets/sweaters, unauthorized textbooks and study materials are not allowed in the testing areas. The Testing Center provides all pencils, pens and scratch paper
- Please leave valuables in your car or at home
- For exams requiring a fee, payment is made at the Business Office
- Payment in full is required BEFORE tests can be administered
- Due to the enclosed environment of the testing area, please refrain from wearing cologne or perfume to testing appointments
- Food is not allowed in the testing room. Drinks are not allowed at the testing station. However, there are tables available for your drinks to set on during test administration
- Personal behavior conducive to testing and learning is expected from all examinees
- Any questionable behavior such as talking, looking at other examinee’s test materials, or any test taker's disruption of a quiet testing environment will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in forfeited scores and fees
- Please respectfully follow ALL instructions given by testing staff..
- Special accommodations and/or resources for computer based GED and HiSET testing will be made at the time of on-line registration at the respective web sites
- Information about special accommodations and/or resources for other tests may be obtained through the Hill College Academic Advising and Success Center
Tests Offered Through the Hill College Testing Center:
- ATB (Ability to Benefit) through Accuplacer
- ATI TEAS Nursing Entrance Exam
- CERTIPORT BY PEARSON VUE
- CLEP (College Level Entrance Exam) Johnson County Campus only
- CORRESPONDENCE PROCTORING SERVICES
- ESCO Certification Exams
- HESI A2 with CT
- HiSET (High School Equivalency Test)
- THEA ibt (internet based testing)
- TSI ASSESSMENT
- WorkKeys by ACT
Hill College, Hill County Campus is an approved site for the ACT test, but the ACT is not administered through the Testing Center. To learn more, go to http://www.actstudent.org/.
Faculty members determine whether their online/distance education courses will require proctored testing. Hill College offers free proctored testing services to Hill College online/distance education students through the Hill College Testing Centers. Testing outside of Hill College is typically done at another college or a testing organization. Testing sites set proctor fees according to their independent fee schedule.