Welcome to Hill College
Hill College is committed to assisting those who have so diligently given their time and in some cases their lives for the freedoms we enjoy everyday. Our staff is dedicated to helping you reach your educational goals. Below you will find information to help you navigate through the Veteran's Administration and college processes.For any questions regarding your veteran benefits please contact:
Enrollment Specialist III
All students, whether you are the Veteran, the Veteran's spouse or a dependent, must complete the admission requirements for Hill College. Once you have submitted your ApplyTexas Application and requested all transcripts to be sent to Hill College you may continue with the instructions below.
Readmission after Military Service
In accordance with Hill College Board Policy Manual FB (LEGAL), a student who withdraws from Hill College to perform active military service as a member of the U.S. Armed Forces or the Texas National Guard (excluding to perform one or more training exercises as a member of the Texas National Guard), who returns for an academic term that begins after the date released from active military service but not later than the first anniversary of that date, will not be required to re-apply for admission purposes.
Prohibition of High-Pressure Recruitment Tactics
Hill College prohibits inducements, including any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, transportation, lodging, meals or other item having a monetary value of more than a de minimis amount, to any individual or entity, or its agents including third party lead generators or marketing firms other than salaries paid to employees or fees paid to contractors in conformity with all applicable laws for the purpose of securing enrollments of Service members or obtaining access Tuition Assistance funds. Educational institution sponsored scholarships or grants and tuition reductions available to military students are permissible.
Hill College prohibits the payment of any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid, including Tuition Assistance, to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.
Hill College prohibits high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments in non-credit courses/programs.
- Please complete the following forms available through www.vets.gov. Available for Chapter 30, 33, 1606, 1607.
Veterans' Application- 22-1990- Apply for Educational Benefits
Veterans' Transfer Application- 22-1995- Request for change of program or place of training for anyone receiving benefits at another institution.
Veteran Survivor or Dependent
- Please complete the following forms available through www.vets.gov. Available for Chapter 33 or 35.
Survivors' and Dependents' Application- 22-5490- Available for Chapter 35
Survivors' and Dependents' Transfer Application- 22-5495- Request for change of program or place of training for anyone receiving benefits at another institution.
Military Service Credit
Credit may be granted if:
- Must have graduated from a public or private high school accredited by a generally recognized accrediting organization or a Department of Defense High School or have earned a GED
- Must be honorable discharged after serving at least two years of service in the Armed Forces or be honorably discharged because of a disability
- Hill College Request for Credit for Military Service Form
- High School Transcript or GED
- If you want to transfer your military credits, request your Joint Services Transcript to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Air Force service members need to contact the Community College of the Air Force.
After this request and the appropriate documentation have been submitted, the following credit will be granted:
- Four (4) semester hours of physical education
- Any additionally approved credit through evaluation of military transcript
- VA Students are required to file an Academic Plan with the VA rep. Veterans benefits require students to follow an approved degree plan.
- Returning students are required to notify the VA rep at the time of registration.
- Students should consult an Academic Advisor about degree plan requirements and course scheduling.
- Texas Lawyers for Texas Veterans (800)622-2520
- Texas Veterans Commission (512)463-5538
- VA Debt Management (800)827-0648
- VA Homeless Outreach (877)424-3838
- VA Medical Center (800)423-2111
- VA Regional Office (800)827-1000
- Veteran Crisis Line (800)273-8255
- Veteran's Affairs Life Insurance, Info & Service (800)669-8477