Hill College welcomes students from around the world! International students should have an application for admission and other documents submitted 60 days prior to the term in which you wish to enroll. The student is responsible for meeting all admission requirements. For any questions regarding the international process please use the contact information below:
Cindy ClayEnrollment Specialist III
- Click on Create an Account. This will set up your profile. It will ask for basic demographic information. If you already have an account with ApplyTexas then you can log in and not create a separate account.
- To apply to Hill College you will choose the Two-year application.
- ApplyTexas does not require your Social Security Number, however, not including it on the application could delay timely processing.
- New students to Apply Texas need to be sure to have a valid email address as you will receive a validation email from ApplyTexas before submitting your application. You need to have access to this email.
- Please allow 24-48 hours to receive your application.
Please click the button below to start your journey with Hill College!
- High School Graduate
- Official academic record from all secondary or high school levels. Academic records NOT in English must be translated into English by a certified evaluation agency.
- Official records must have a graduation date, school official signature.
- College/University Credit Hours
- If applicable, submit all official transcripts of all college and/or universities attended. All documents NOT in English must be translated into English by a certified evaluation agency.
- Before any formal transfer credits will be awarded, ALL transcripts must be evaluated by an certified evaluation agency for degree attainment comparison, comparable US coursework and credit hour evaluation.
Additional International Documents Required
- If not from an English-speaking country, proof of English proficiency is required, i.e.,Provide scores from the TOEFL or other proof of English proficiency.
- For example, proof of ESL program completion or TOEFL scores.
- Below are the minimum score requirements for TOEFL or IELTS
|TOEFL Internet-based||TOEFL Computer-based||TOEFL Paper-based||IELTS|
- Cost for each semester (four months) is approximately $5,505 for students living in the residence halls on the Hill County Campus. Students living off campus while attending the Johnson County Campus or Burleson Center should allow for $6,130 per semester.
- Cost for placement testing is currently $39. Placement testing must be complete prior to registration.
This amount should be documented on the Financial Statement and supporting documents should provide proof that this amount is available for each semester. Students should be prepared to pay tuition, fees, housing costs, and purchase books at the time of registration. Proof of health insurance must also be provided at the time of registration.
Hill County Campus- All International students attending the Hill County Campus are required to live in the residence halls on campus during their first semester at Hill College. Any exception must be approved by the Dean of Students.
- Submit a Resident Application
- Pay $50 non-refundable resident hall room fee. This must be paid before an I-20 can be issued.
- Pay $250 room deposit. This deposit is refundable at the end of residing in the residence halls if there are no damages to the room.
Johnson County Campus or Burleson Center- Residence halls are not available at the Johnson County Campus or Burleson Center. All International students attending at these locations must reflect appropriate financial support for off-campus housing on the Financial Statement Form.
- International students are only approved to enroll in academic degree programs. Students in academic degree programs must show proof of proficiency in reading, writing and mathematics. For more information on testing requirements, see Texas Success Initiative
- Hill College offers placement testing through our Testing Centers located on the Hill County and Johnson County campuses. Appointments can be made to schedule your test time. More information is listed on the Testing Center webpage.
If you plan to have your family join you in the United States as F-2 dependents, an I-20 must be obtained for each person. Dependents may include your spouse and/or children under the age of 21. You must show proof of financial responsibility in the amount of $5,000 per year for each person to be listed as your dependent. Please include copies of marriage and/or birth certificates as well as passports, visas, and any other documents that may be helpful. Dependents are not eligible to work or study in the United States. Children under the age of 18 may attend primary and secondary school, but not engage in post-secondary study.
United States Student Visa Information
- Complete the Online Visa Application Form DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application as soon as possible. The online visa application additionally requires the digital upload of one formatted photo.
Once your file is complete an I-20 will be issued. You should take this I-20 to your appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate Office in your area to apply for an F-1 Visa. In addition to the I-20 you should take your acceptance letter, any financial documentation you have, and any other information you feel will be helpful to the Embassy of Consulate officials when they process your application for an F-1 Visa. There is a SEVIS fee of $200 that must be paid before you may obtain your F-1 visa. If you have access to the internet, you may view payment options at the following link: www.FMJfee.com. More information regarding this fee will be sent with your I-20 after your file is complete.
- Schedule an interview appointment for your student visa as soon as possible, generally, at the United States embassy/consulate in the country where you live.
- Prepare for your interview and gather the required documentation before your visa interview. Required documentation include:
- Form I-20 from Hill College
- Passport from your home country valid for at least six months
- Evidence of English ability. Bring your TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Evidence of financial support for the period of time and amount indicated on the I-20
- Printed barcode page from a completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
- Completed Form DS-157 Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application (PDF), if you are male between the ages of 16 and 45.
- Hill College acceptance letter
- Completed Form DS-158 Contact History and Work History (PDF)
- Two passport type photographs
- Apply to Hill College and secure admission for your anticipated start date.
- Request transfer by completing the Transfer Clearance Form of your SEVIS record to Hill College from the institution you are currently attending prior to the start of classes.
Social Security Cards and Work Eligibility
- Social Security numbers generally are assigned to people who are authorized to work in the United States. Students in F-1 status are eligible under any of the following circumstances:
- If they have been offered an on-campus job
- If they have been granted Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment authorization
- If they have been granted Optional Practical Training (OPT) employment authorization and have received their Employment Authorization Document (EAD); and the validity period of the EAD has begun.
Note: There is a limited number of on-campus jobs and Hill College requires that all international students seek on-campus employment ONLY after successful completion of their first semester at the college.
- To apply for a Social Security number, you must provide the following documentation:
- 1) Identity, Age, and Immigration status.
- 2) Complete an Application for a Social Security card.
- 3) Mail your completed application and original documents to the local Social Security office. You can also visit a local Social Security office.
- For more information about Social Security numbers, please visit the Social Security Administration website:
International Students And Social Security Numbers: www.ssa.gov/pubs/10181.html
Application for a Social Security Card: www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.htmlForeign Workers And Social Security Numbers: www.ssa.gov/pubs/10107.html