STEP 1. Apply Online

Apply online using the Texas Common Application, Apply Texas.  For international students, application for admission and other documents should be submitted 60 days prior to the term in which you wish to enroll.

  • Create an account
  • Set up your profiles
  • Add an application to Hill College

If you have any questions, please contact

If you don't have access to the Internet or experience difficulties with the online process, please see General/Specialized Admission for the paper application.


The student is responsible for meeting all admission requirements. Failure to meet all requirements will cause the student’s transcript to be withheld and the student will be blocked from future registrations. Admission to Hill College may be by one of the following methods:

  • High School Graduate
    • Official academic record from all secondary or high school levels.  Academic records not in English should be translated into English by a certified evaluation agency. Hill College doesn't recommend one company for translation, but for your convenience, a list of foreign credential evaluation services may be found on:
    • Official records must have a graduation date, school official signature.
  • College/University Credit Hours
    • If applicable, submit all official transcripts of all college and/or universities attended.  All documents NOT in English must be translated into English by a certified evaluation agency.  Hill College doesn't recommend one company for translation, but for your convenience, a list of foreign credential evaluation services may be found on:
    • Before any formal transfer credits will be awarded, All transcripts must be evaluated by an certified evaluation agency for degree attainment comparison, comparable US coursework and credit hour evaluation. 

STEP 3. Hill College International Documents

A decision for admission cannot be reached until all documents are submitted to the International Student Representative.  All application materials must be received no later than 60 days before registration for the term in which a student wants to register.

Step 1. English Proficiency

  • If not from an English-speaking country, proof of English proficiency is required, i.e.,Provide scores from the TOEFL or other proof of English proficiency. 
  • For example, proof of ESL program completion or TOEFL scores.
  • Below are the minimum score requirements for TOEFL or IELTS
TOEFL Internet-based TOEFL Computer-based TOEFL Paper-based  IELTS
61 173 500  6


For more information regarding TOEFL, go to or write to:    Educational Testing Service, Rosedale Road, Princeton, New Jersey 08541. Or information on IELTS visit,

Step 2. Financial Statements

Step 3. Letters of Recommendation

  • Send us two letters of reference or recommendation. This should be completed by someone who knows you personally, for at least a year, but is not an immediate relative.

Step 4. Housing Arrangements

Hillsboro Campus- All International students attending the Hillsboro campus are required to live in on-campus housing during their first semester at Hill College.  Any exception must be approved by the Director of Student Life or Dean of Students. 

  • Submit an Application for Housing.
  • Pay $50 non-refundable resident hall room fee must be paid before an i-20 can be issued.
  • Pay $250 room deposit.  This deposit is refundable at the end of residency in on-campus housing if there are no damages to the room.

Cleburne or Burleson Campuses- On-campus housing is not available at the Cleburne or Burleson campuses.  All International students attending this campuses must reflect appropriate financial support for off-campus housing on the Financial Statement Form.

Step 5. Placement Testing Requirements

  • International students are only approved to enroll in academic degree programs. Students in academic degree programs must show proof of proficiency in reading, writing and mathematics.  For more information on testing requirements, see Texas State Initiative.
  • Hill College offers placement testing on-campus through our Testing Center.  Appointments can be made to schedule your test time.  More information is listed on the Testing Center website.

Step 5. Health & Immunization Requirements

  • Complete the International Student Health Insurance enrollment form. (Premium must be paid when you register for classes.)
  • Provide Meningitis Vaccination information. This is required for any student 30 years or younger who are attending classes or events on a Hill College campus. Must have the shot or booster 10 days prior to the 1st day of class.

Step 6. Dependent Information, if applicable

If you plan to have your family join you in the United States as F-2 dependents, an I-20 must be obtained for each person.  Dependents may include your spouse and/or children under the age of 21. You must show proof of financial responsibility in the amount of $5,000 per year for each person to be listed as your dependent.

STEP 4. United States Student Visa Information

New Visa Applicants:

Once your file is complete an I-20 will be issued. You should take this I-20 to your appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate Office in your area to apply for an F-1 Visa. In addition to the I-20 you should take your acceptance letter, any financial documentation you have, and any other information you feel will be helpful to the Embassy of Consulate officials when they process your application for an F-1 Visa. There is a SEVIS fee of $200 that must be paid before you may obtain your F-1 visa. If you have access to the internet, you may view payment options at the following link: More information regarding this fee will be sent with your I-20 after your file is complete.

  • Schedule an interview appointment for your student visa as soon as possible, generally, at the United States embassy/consulate in the country where you live.
  • Prepare for your interview and gather the required documentation before your visa interview. Required documentation include:

Students In United States in F-1 Status/Transfer:

  • Apply to Hill College and secure admission for your anticipated start date.
  • Request transfer (by filling out the Transfer Clearance Form) of your SEVIS record to Hill College from the institution you are currently attending prior to the start of classes.

Social Security Cards & Work Eligibility

  • Social Security numbers generally are assigned to people who are authorized to work in the United States. Students in F-1 status are eligible under any of the following circumstances:
    • If they have been offered an on-campus job
    • If they have been granted Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment authorization
    •  If they have been granted Optional Practical Training (OPT) employment authorization and have received their Employment Authorization Document (EAD); and the validity period of the EAD has begun.

Note: There is a limited number of on-campus jobs and Hill College requires that all international students seek on-campus employment ONLY after successful completion of their first semester at the college.

  • To apply for a Social Security number, gather documents proving your 1) Identity, Age, and Immigration status. 2) Complete an Application for a Social Security card. 3) Take/mail your complete application and original documents to the local Social Security office.
  • For more information about Social Security numbers, please visit the Social Security Administration website:

International Students And Social Security Numbers:

Application for a Social Security Card:

Foreign Workers And Social Security Numbers:

Costs of Attendance

  • Cost for each semester (four months) is approximately $5,505 for students living on campus in Hillsboro and $6,130 for students living off campus in Cleburne or Burleson.

This amount should be documented on the Statement of Financial Support and supporting documents should provide proof that this amount is available for each semester. Students should be prepared to pay tuition, fees, health insurance premiums, housing cost, and purchase books at the time of registration. Students should be prepared to pay for and take a placement test before registration. The current cost is $39.

Registration & Degree Plan Options

Most students choose to register online for their courses, but Hill College recommends seeking out academic advising assistance at least once each semester.  In most cases, registration for the next term opens several months prior to the 1st class day.  It is important to seek out advising assistance to stay on track and plan out the best and faster options for completing your chosen educational path.

  1. See an Academic Advisor in the Academic Advising and Student Success Center.  Our staff will assign a degree plan and provide you with tools that can help you succeed in your college career.
  2.  Review your information in MyRebel.  This portal is your hub for your student account and ONLINE REGISTRATION. MyRebel is the location where you gain student records, check for account holds, view schedules, course availability, view financial aid missing documents, check financial aid awards, accept financial aid awards, pay accounts, set up payment plans, and much, much, more.
  3. Set up Student Email Account.  This email is your official communication hub for Hill College.  You should use this email to communication with college departments and instructors.  Hill College utilizes your student email to communicate important information.  Please make sure that you check this email account often.
  4. Enrollment Checklist will assist you with important information that you will need to know in order to navigate through your college experience.

International Representative

Cindy Clay
Fax: 254.582.7591