Disability Services – Education is Accessible

The Academic Advising and Success Center works closely with the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, related federal agencies and other organizations that provide service/aid to disabled individuals in order to provide the fullest range of services possible. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (117 kB) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 (117 kB) prohibit discrimination in the recruitment, admission, and treatment of students with disabilities. Students with qualified and documented disabilities may request accommodations which will enable them to participate in and benefit from educational programs and activities. Students must provide appropriate documentation of the disability, complete an application for special accommodation/modification, and schedule and participate in an interview with a Hill College academic advisor. Every effort will be made to identify needs and provide any reasonable academic accommodation that a student needs due to his/her disability.

Documentation Guidelines

Students who are seeking support services on the basis of diagnosed disability are required to submit documentation to verify eligibility under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. This documentation needs to be recent, preferably within the last three years. Disability documentation for the purpose of providing accommodations must both establish disability and provide adequate information on the functional impact of the disability so that effective accommodations can be identified.  In the context of postsecondary education, documentation should provide a decision-maker with a basic understanding of the individual's disability and enough information to anticipate how the current impact of the disability is expected to interact with the institution's structure of courses, testing methods, program requirements, etc.

For more information or to make a request for accommodations, contact the Academic Advising and Success Center:

Johnson County Campus:  817-760-5655, Lynne Percival
Hill County Campus:  254- 659-7655, Traci Brown
Burleson Center:  817-760-5542, Carol Jackson

Accommodations Flyer

Full Page View