The Hill College Music Department perform numerous programs through out the year including: special events on and off campus, area schools, community activities, the State Fair of Texas, as well as the annual Fall and Spring concerts. These free-admission programs showcase Hill College's very own performing artists and allows for those in attendance to interact with the artists follow each event.
The safety and well-being of our students, employees, and community are top priority. With the spread of the coronavirus and to protect our college and community, we will be cancelling all Visual and Performing Arts Events for March and April 2020. This includes, but is not limited to, the Phillip H. Lowe Performing Arts Series featuring the Light Crust Dough Boys on April 7, 2020, the Band and Choir Spring Concert on April 16, 2020, and the Alden J. Blanar Speaker Series on April 29, 2020.
Additionally, all campus locations are closed to the general public from March 23 – April 5, 2020.
Hill College will continue to use the advice and guidance available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS), and local health agencies. The CDC provided detailed instructions on its web pages which we can all follow:
- Wash hands often for 20 seconds and encourage others to do the same.
- If no soap and water are available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Disinfect surfaces, buttons, handles, knobs, and other places touched often.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Start practicing social distancing (avoid crowds – not more than 10 people, minimize physical contact, stay at least six feet away from others).
During the campus closure, SSC, Hill College’s custodial service, is performing a deep detailed cleaning inside each area on campus, including:
- Entrance/lobbies and public areas – disinfecting all interior and exterior doors, door handles/knobs and ledges. Deep cleaning all horizontal surfaces, floors, trash cans and furniture.
- Restrooms – cleaning stalls, floors, urinals, toilets, walls, knobs, handles and fixtures
- Classrooms/conference rooms/computer labs – carefully sanitize all desks and horizontal surfaces, cleaning ledges, sanitizing doors and disinfecting all furnishings
- Office areas – carefully clean all desks, chairs, floors and sterilize trash cans
- Hallways – sterilize floors, walls and water fountains
- Breakroom/kitchen areas – tables, floors, sinks, chairs and countertops will be carefully cleaned
- Locker rooms – disinfect all throughout the facilities
Hill College leadership will continue to evaluate events slated for May 2020 and beyond and will send communications as decisions are made. Please visit our website at www.hillcollege.edu for updates on events at Hill College.
Hill College leadership will also continue to monitor the status of COVID-19. If you have email capability and are currently not on our email list or have changed your email address, please send these changes to Dr. Bradley Bolick at email@example.com. These are difficult times for all, and I thank you for your understanding and diligence in helping to ensure safety for our students, faculty, and community.
Bradley A. Bolick, Ed.D.
Coordinator Visual and Performing Arts