Hill College Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) program offers comprehensive training in one of the fastest-growing technical job markets by preparing students for careers in our community and beyond with three levels of certification and an associate degree in applied science.
The HVAC program is located at the Hill College Cleburne Technical Center in downtown Cleburne. The facility is a collaborative effort between the college, industry leader and educational partner Trane®, and the National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3), a network of education providers and corporations that support, advance, and validate new and emerging technology skills. It includes three new 3,000-square-foot laboratories featuring the latest HVAC equipment for residential, commercial, and controls applications, enabling Hill College to advance state-of-the-art career and technical training.
Basic HVAC Skills
Certificate of Completion
17 Credit Hours
HVAC Technician Level II
Certificate of Completion
35 Credit Hours
HVAC Technician Level III
Certificate of Technology
48 Credit Hours
Associate of Applied Science
60 Credit Hours
Program graduates will be able to:
- Work safely and responsibly within all shop safety and environmental guidelines and standards that apply to HVAC.
- Identify HVAC equipment and system components, their functions, and their relationship within a system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of electricity and their application in HVAC components and systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the refrigeration cycle and the airflow distribution process.
- Read, interpret, and communicate technical information, including blueprints, diagrams, terminology, and processes that are used in the HVAC field.
- Apply troubleshooting skills, using appropriate calculations and tools to diagnose, repair, and perform maintenance on heating and cooling systems.
- Demonstrate professionalism and customer service skills relevant to the HVAC service community.
|Communication||the process of transmitting information and ideas from one individual or group to another, verbally or through writing.|
|Critical Thinking||the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action.|
|Teamwork||willingness to be a part of a group of persons in a cooperative or coordinated effort in the interests of a common cause.|
|Adaptability||the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing conditions.|
|Work Ethic||a set of values centered on the importance of doing work and reflected especially in a desire or determination to work hard.|
|Continued Learning||the ability to continually develop and improve one's skills and knowledge in order to perform effectively.|
|Social Skills||skills used to communicate and interact with other people, both individually and in groups, verbally and non-verbally, through gestures, body language and our personal appearance.|
|Time Management||the process of organizing and planning how to divide your time between specific activities.|
|Analytical Thinking||the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively through a methodical step-by-step approach that breaks down complex problems into single and manageable components.|
|Cultural Competency||the ability to understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with people across cultures.|
Hill College uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service. Local employers post jobs exclusively to our school via the CCN site. Students and alumni, create your account profile at www.collegecentral.com/hillcollege to:
- Easily search and apply to local and national full-time, part-time, internship/co-op job opportunities
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos, and articles
319 E. Henderson St.
Cleburne, TX 76031