Hill College welcomes all active duty service members! We look forward to working with you to achieve your educational goals. The information below will guide you through the process of admissions and financial aid. If you have additional questions, please contact:
Enrollment Specialist III, Special Programs
Federal Military Tuition Assistance
Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard. The Department of Defense (DoD) limits TA to $250 per semester credit hour and $4,500 per year. Each military branch can establish their own specific eligibiity criteria and limits to manager their TA funds. DoD pays TA directly to the college.
If you have decided to register for courses at Hill College, you must to contact your Educational Services Officer for prior approval. If you register prior to the approval of your tuition assistance, the service member is responsible for all tuition costs. All Military Tuition Assistance must be requested and approved prior to the start date of the course.
Once you have received approval from your ESO, email a copy of your approved TA Authorization form to firstname.lastname@example.org your student veteran services coordinator. Include your full name and student ID.
Hill College will process your TA authorization in accordance with established procedures.
Service member's will need to submit the following to apply to Hill College:
- Be sure you have applied to Hill College through ApplyTexas.
- Request transcripts for all colleges or universities attended. They must be sent directly from the institution to Hill College.
- If you want to transfer your military credits, request your Joint Services Transcript to be sent to email@example.com. Air Force service members need to contact the Community College of the Air Force.
- If you need financial assistance, apply through FAFSA.
Tuition rates are based on residency. The legal residence of each Hill College applicant for tuition purposes will be determined by Student Information Services. Documentation may be required.
The Estimated Cost of Attendance are based on average amounts per year and may not be actual charges.
The Business Office will apply the tuition coverage to your tuition bill in the amount authorized on your TA Authorization. You are responsible for paying any remaining tuition balance by the published payment deadlines.
- If a course does not materialize and is canceled by the College, 100% of all applicable tuition and fees will be refunded.
- Any debt owed to the College will be deducted before issuing a refund.
- Refunds are issued by direct deposit to the student's Rowdy Card bank account or other designated direct deposit bank account, or by check mailed to the student's address of record.
- Tuition and fees paid directly to the institution by a sponsor, donor, grant, or scholarship will be refunded to the source rather than directly to the student.
The Military Tuition Assistance refund policy:
To comply with the new Department of Defense policy, Hill College will return any unearned “Tuition Assistance” funds on a prorate basis through at least the 60% portion of the period for which the funds were provided. “Tuition Assistance” funds are earned proportionally during an enrollment period, with unearned funds returned based upon when a student stops attending. These funds are returned to the military Service branch.