Hill College welcomes all active duty service members!  We look forward to working with you to achieve your educational goals.  The information below will guide you through the process of admissions and financial aid if you are interested.  However, if you have additional questions please contact:

Cindy Clay

Enrollment Specialist III, Special Programs

If you have decided to register for courses at Hill College, you must to contact your Educational Services Officer for prior approval.  If you register prior to the approval of your tuition assistance, the service member is responsible for all tuition costs. All Military Tuition Assistance must be requested and approved prior to the start date of the course.  Each service has its own criteria please review Military Tuition Assistance for additional information.

Once you have received approval from your ESO, please contact cclay@hillcollege.edu.

Service member's will need to submit the following to apply to Hill College:

  • Apply to Hill College through ApplyTexas.  
  • Request transcripts for any and all colleges or universities attended.  They must be sent directly from the institution.  
  • If you want to transfer your military credits, request your Joint Services Transcript to be sent to cclay@hillcollege.edu. Air Force service members need to contact the Community College of the Air Force.
  • If you need financial aid apply through FAFSA.

Tuition rates are based on residency.  The legal residence of each Hill College applicant for tuition purposes will be determined by Student Information Services.  Documentation may be required.


The Estimated Cost of Attendance are based on average amounts per year and may not be actual charges.  

  • If a course does not materialize and is canceled by the College, 100% of all applicable tuition and fees will be refunded.
  • Any debt owed to the College will be deducted before issuing a refund.
  • Refunds are issued by direct deposit to the student's Rowdy Card bank account or other designated direct deposit bank account, or by check mailed to the student's address of record.
  • Tuition and fees paid directly to the institution by a sponsor, donor, grant, or scholarship will be refunded to the source rather than directly to the student.

The Military Tuition Assistance refund policy:

To comply with the new Department of Defense policy, Hill College will return any unearned “Tuition Assistance” funds on a prorate basis through at least the 60% portion of the period for which the funds were provided.  “Tuition Assistance” funds are earned proportionally during an enrollment period, with unearned funds returned based upon when a student stops attending.  These funds are returned to the military Service branch.

Tuition Assistance Refund Schedule