WELCOME TO INTRAMURAL SPORTS
Every year hundreds of Hill College students come to participate in a variety of sports offered through our program. Whether you are a gifted athlete or you just want to play for fun, Intramural Sports is the place for you!
The Hill College Intramural Sports program strives to provide students with a variety of recreational opportunities that allow them to engage in healthy competition while developing their character and maintaining their integrity and sportsmanship.
Students come together in the spirit of friendly competition and leave with treasured memories, life-long friends and a deeper self-understanding.
Who Can Play?
Intramural events are open to all currently enrolled Hill College students, faculty and staff. All sports are co-ed, meaning that both men and women are allowed to compete together.
Students commonly form teams through their residence halls, student organizations or just with a group of friends who want to play. Currently, all games are played on the Hillsboro campus but students, faculty and staff from all Hill College campuses and centers are welcome and encouraged to participate.
When Do We Play?
Most intramural games are played Monday-Wednesday between the hours of 4:30pm and 9:00pm.
Where Do We Play?
Intramural games are currently played on the Hillsboro campus at the Soccer Practice Field, the Student Center Gym and various other locations.
Office Location: Student Center on the Hill County Campus
Office Phone: 254.659.7801
Email Address: email@example.com
When You Sign Up
Team captains serve as the liaison between the intramural office and their team(s). This includes taking responsibility for the proper administration of their team(s) as well as the on-field behavior of each team member. Each team captain is responsible for providing the Intramural Office with good contact information.
Administrative Responsibilities of the Team Captain Include:
- Register your team by completing and turning in the sign-up sheets either via email or by physically delivering them to the alumni office.
- Attend the captain's meetings for each sport. Sports that require attendance are: Flag Football and Basketball
- Check schedules regularly for updates/changes in game times and inform players of the date, time and location of all contests. All schedules are posted on the Schedules page of this website.
- Note: Occasionally, schedules may change due to unavoidable circumstances, including but not limited to the following: facility availability changes, inclement weather, and team forfeits or defaults.
- Obtain the playoff schedule after your last regular season game from the Schedules page.
- Be responsible for thoroughly understanding the rules of the sport you are participating in and informing your team members of the Intramural Rules and Policies.
- Ensure that everyone on the team roster is eligible and ensure that enough eligible participants who are on the roster are at the game 15 minutes prior to the beginning of a scheduled contest. Game time is forfeit time!
- Ensure that all players have checked-in with the IM Staff by providing their valid Hill College ID Card (or Driver's License) before the start of the game.
- Captains may make additions to his or her team's roster during pool play.