Carl D. Perkins Grant Funding
APPLY ---- Perkins Reimbursement Application
To Qualify for the Carl D. Perkins Grant Funds or services, you MUST:
- Be enrolled in a Technical Certificate or Degree program, such as Certificate of Completion, Certificate of Technology or Associate of Applied Science degree;
- Be enrolled in at least 6 hours of which 3 hours must be on campus/face-to-face;
- Maintain a 2.0 minimum cumulative and semester GPA;
- Be eligible for Pell grant;
- Fall under one of the following special population categories:
- individual with disabilities;
- individual from economically disadvantaged family, including low- income youth and adults;
- individual preparing for non-traditional fields;
- single parent, including single pregnant women;
- out-of-workforce individual;
- English learner;
- homeless individual described in section 725 of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 11434a);
- youth who are in, or have aged out of, the foster care system;
- youth with a parent who is a member of the armed forces and is on active duty.
As a qualifying technical student, you may qualify for one of the following reimbursement options:
- Book/supply reimbursement *
- Transportation reimbursement
- Child Care reimbursement
*Eligible items include textbooks and supplies required by the respective program.
A cap for the number of students to be accepted for each campus for each semester will be established in August and re-evaluated in January of each grant cycle. The cap will be subject to change based on remaining funds for each semester.
In accordance with the established cap for each grant cycle and the application deadline, applications will be certified based on need, as reflected by points. Should there be a tie in qualifications at the maximum number of accepted applicants, students will be certified based on the date of application.
Academic Advising and Success Center
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Academic Advising and Success Center nearest you: